Monday, March 22, 2010

Vegan Lasagna

Vegan lasagna! My friend and fellow cook, Adam, taught me one lovely Monday evening how to make vegan lasagna. Furthermore, he showed me an easy and awesome way to make sauce from scratch!


The gist of it
is of course- layers of boiled noodles, vegetables, sauce, and "cheese".


The vegetables
: we did layers of mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, and zuchinni. You could do anything.


The "cheese"
: Sour supreme, mashed up firm tofu, nutritional yeast, basil

The sauce
(my favorite part!):
Mince a carrot, a stalk of celery, half an onion, and a clove of garlic, and sautee them in a small amount of olive oil.
Make an X slice on the bottom of four tomatoes and place them in the sauteing vegetables stem down. Add a small amount of water and a lid. Soon the skins of the tomatoes will peal right off! Mash them up and add 1 can of tomato paste (4 oz I think). Salt/pepper/etc. to taste.
(I'm so pleased with this sauce!!)


Lacee and I cooked this batch up together! It was fun. I believe we are kitchen compatible. She had some great ideas.


Cooking is the most when friends come over to eat it.

1 comment: